If you have ever caught yourself questioning your behavior or that of others, this Emotional Intelligence in Christ (EIC) course is for you. Let’s face it, when things are going well for you in life, it’s easier to be aware and manage your own emotions and those of others. When life doesn’t show up the way you want it to it’s harder to manage your own emotions and the emotions of others in a way that honors God.
Emotional Intelligence in Christ (EIC) reminds us of Christ’s Love for everyone, regardless of beliefs or personalities. This course will teach you how modeling the behavior of Christ in your daily life starts with the activation of the Holy Spirit for behavior and emotional change. When we speak of the activation of the Holy Spirit, we are referencing the work of the Holy Spirit in you as a result of surrendering your will to the will of God.
This Emotional intelligence in Christ (EIC) course is a self-paced and fully online experience. This God project will focus on specific areas referenced in the Emotional Intelligence in Christ book to anchor your ability in the Holy Spirit to discern and manage personal emotions and behaviors in a way that honors God by loving others well as Jesus did.
One of the goals of this course is to build a community that is Emotional Intelligent in Christ. To do this we will also host quarterly meet and greet webinars for community building, sharing with pre and post students, and answering any of your questions.
In this course, you will:
- Be introduced to the Emotional Intelligence in Christ Project and Team.
- Learn constructs of IQ, EI, and EIC.
- Become aware of your behaviors using the Biblical EIQ and Biblical DISC assessments to investigate your personal DISC traits and EIC behaviors.
- Connect Biblical DISC with EIC through scripture and case studies.
- Examine the Four EIC behaviors: Self-Awareness/ Personal Identity; Self-Control/Self-Management; Social-Awareness/ Altruistic Attitude, and Relational Management/Christ Connections.
- Apply the EIC Model as you reflect on your behaviors and emotions and those around you.
The course has eight lessons. Each lesson consists of several topics. Click on each lesson in the Course Content section below to complete it.